Something about these lines that gives me the Zen-like feeling. I don't know how you did it, it sure promotes some kind of harmony, it's a really nice feeling!
Krista, E*phi, and PAMO--I am sorry for the delay in thanking you. I appreciate each and every comment and the time each of you has taken to visit. Thank you!
Hello! I want to thank you for your nice comments, but I can't reach you by email - I hope you'll see it here! So, thank you very much, as you know, comments are very encouraging and it's good to feel linked! And while I'm here, a little word to say I hope you are going to post your drawings again, they're great - are you still drawing? It feels good you know ; ) !
kazumiwannabe --I am still drawing, but the dog sketches have stalled for now. I also post at http://aplacewithaview.blogspot.com/
I am not sure why the blogs aren't linked on my profile page, or why the email didn't work. I had hoped to post to a place with view today, but things got a little crazy here. The dog in the sketches on this blog is sick and I am dealing with that. So I am very grateful for your comment.
Elza--Thank! I glad you stopped by. My more current blog is this one http://aplacewithaview.blogspot.com/ but one of my goals is to get this one up and running again too!
35 comments:
Something about these lines that gives me the Zen-like feeling. I don't know how you did it, it sure promotes some kind of harmony, it's a really nice feeling!
I love to see how you manage to render an attitude, a posture or a face with so few lines ! Great drawings !
Nice and minimalist.
I love these sketches, beautiful lines. The third one reminds me so much of my dog. Really interesting project.
Nice line work!
I have a great appreciation for economy of line and you do it well. Keep up the good work!
It is so hard for me sometimes to know which lines to leave out! You've done that very well! Keep up the great work!
Not only terrific line work, but with a medium that I find very difficult to work with. Great job! nancy
These are very nice! I'm on dog 30 and looking at 23 to 29 I thought I should try a brush for my drawings. Thanks for sharing
These are wonderful! Very Picasso-like, minimum of lines that say so much!!
Those sketches are great! There's something very touching, very tender in them, you capture the big dog cuteness in a great way ^^!
Lovely lines...the top one is perfection
I think these are great. I think they'd make a nice little set of notecards printed out on colored cardstock! You are doing really well.
Finally, my house guests have gone home and I can get back to the business of making, sharing and commenting on ART!
I am blown away by the comments this time. Thanks to each and every one of you for taking the time to stop and comment.
Alex--I am so pleased you got Zen-like feelings from my drawings. That inspires me to work harder.
Martine and Sarah, Revelle,--Thanks for the kind words.
Bénédicte--I am glad you are enjoying my project too.
David,kazumiwannabe, raena and nancy--Thanks for the encouraging words.
lyn--I highly recommend drawing with the brush pen!
ffyrebird--Picasso-like? WOW!!! What a compliment.
debra--perfection? WOW again! Thanks so much.
freebird--Do you really think these could be notecards?
I am floating from such encouragement. Your words mean so much to me. Thanks so very very much.
Donna, your simple lines convey so much. I am in awe of people who can do that - turn a mere line into an object.
Pretty cool dogs! Your lines have something really harmonic. Everyone is just in the right place!
Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog regarding my 100 reasons project. Feel free to link to it, it'd be an honor! <3
Your use of line is really inspiring. It takes artistry to use line in a simple way to convey a mood or suggest a form. Lovely!
Krista, E*phi, and PAMO--I am sorry for the delay in thanking you. I appreciate each and every comment and the time each of you has taken to visit. Thank you!
Simple but absolutely beautiful, Donna :)
Anais--Thank you so much for stopping by and for the kind words.
I love these drawings. I agree with Alex, they are very peaceful and Zen-like. Keep up the great playfulness. :-)
Sara--Thanks for stopping by, I am glad you enjoyed my sketches!
Funny, I had the same thought as Alex: very Zen! Calligraphy dogs! I especially like the last one, it's got a really interesting line quality!
E*phi--Thanks. I have hit a wall on this project. I hope you see some new drawings soon!
I like your brush pen work. I am going to try the pentel. I haven't used the brush pen in a long time. thanks.
Your work is lovely.
I like your brush pen work. I am going to try the pentel. I haven't used the brush pen in a long time. thanks.
Your work is lovely.
I like your brush pen work. I am going to try the pentel. I haven't used the brush pen in a long time. thanks.
Your work is lovely.
Arty--Thanks for stopping. I am glad you enjoy my project. One that I have to get back to soon! I look forward to seeing your brush pen work too.
Wonderful drawings - I especially like the first one - such economy of line!
Thanks Dan! I really need to bring this project back to life.
Hello! I want to thank you for your nice comments, but I can't reach you by email - I hope you'll see it here! So, thank you very much, as you know, comments are very encouraging and it's good to feel linked!
And while I'm here, a little word to say I hope you are going to post your drawings again, they're great - are you still drawing? It feels good you know ; ) !
kazumiwannabe --I am still drawing, but the dog sketches have stalled for now. I also post at http://aplacewithaview.blogspot.com/
I am not sure why the blogs aren't linked on my profile page, or why the email didn't work. I had hoped to post to a place with view today, but things got a little crazy here. The dog in the sketches on this blog is sick and I am dealing with that. So I am very grateful for your comment.
You've inspired me to try my dogs. Never though to approach them with a contour drawing. Thanks for sharing.
Simplicity makes a big statement here. I agree with Alex - zen-like and calming.
Elza--Thank! I glad you stopped by. My more current blog is this one http://aplacewithaview.blogspot.com/
but one of my goals is to get this one up and running again too!
Post a Comment